Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Not Obese Anymore

I just realized that according to the National Institute of Health I am no longer considered obese (BMI of greater than 30). To be honest, when I gained all of this weight, I never really thought of myself as obese. Everyone I surrounded myself with had mostly positive things to say about me and my body shape with the exception of my ex fiance who loved to tear me down. I didn't realize how big I was getting. I just now went around the house to try and find an item that weighed the same amount as what I have lost. I found a case of bottled water, but it was only 30 pounds; approximately 2/3 of what I lost. Even still... holding that case of water in my arms while imagining another half case on top of it was something else. I was carrying around all that extra weight and now it's gone. I feel free. I've been here all along, but now you can see me! I was buried by all those extra pounds from stress, emotional pain, the binge eating and the yo-yo dieting.

One of the things that has made this journey so much easier and SUCCESSFUL is that I have some amazing people who love and support me. My friends are the few and the proud; a hand-picked crew of some of the most beautiful souls. My life is completely empty of people who bring me down or want to keep me down. In the past, those negative people have been men, but right now I have the most supportive man I've ever met in my life. He counts points right along with me even though he doesn't need to lose weight. He goes on walks with me. This guy is in my corner.

A couple of weeks ago I told him on a particular day that I wanted to make sure I took a walk. Our day was busy and it wasn't until later that I remembered that I needed to get some exercise. I looked outside and it seemed it might rain soon, so I told him we should probably cancel the walk, to which he replied something to the effect of, "Ok weather woman, what's your excuse going to be next time". He then continued to tell me if we went for a walk that moment, we'd probably miss the rain. I exercised that day because of him. He was able to hold me accountable without pissing me off. This is something others have had a hard time with. You can ask just about anyone who knows me...

3 comments:

Hottest & cutest said...

Great job! Isn't it amazing how heavy 30+ pounds can feel? can you imagine taking that case of water with you everyday all day? It would be exhausting!! You are doing great and thanks for the positive attitude- I think that's 90% of the battle.

์กฐ์•ˆ๋‚˜ said...

Congrats!

jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com said...

That's great. Congratulations.