Friday, November 22, 2013

I am NEVER. Giving. Up. Period.

I have been deciding for months whether or not I wanted to start blogging again. I originally thought that what was holding me back from blogging on this particular subject was a lack of motivation, but now I realize it was probably more of a lack of faith in my ability to follow through with weight loss. Over the past couple of years I have had a lot of false starts, but I don't think that is the case now.

So, if you didn't know, at the end of 2009 I reached my Weight Watchers goal weight of 137 lbs and even got down to 132lbs. After I started grad school everything went right out the window! My grandfather died, I had a minor existential crisis, and I began eating my feelings again. On top of being a grief-stricken, full time grad student, I was also balancing multiple jobs to make ends meet. I was spending a lot of time in the car and driving from client to client. I have a tendency towards trying to be perfect at everything, but I'm usually only able to master one role at a time. I ended up being a successful student to the detriment of most other areas of my life. The area that took the biggest hit was my health.

So much happened after grad school. I got married, went on my honeymoon, was lucky enough to land a great job right out of graduate school, and closed on a house just under a year from graduation. Even the positive things in life bring stress and my drive to achieve certain things definitely interferes with other goals. I tend to be so consumed with that one thing I want that everything else fades away.

After all of those events passed, I realized that I had no excuses left to justify not attending to my health and weight. By this time I had gained 30-40 pounds in a one year period and weighed 211 pounds. I decided to take the rest of my flex spending and enroll in The Biggest Loser program at a gym 20 minutes away from our house. Since October 10th I have lost 17 pounds and am down to 194. I am completely motivated and I hope to use this blog to share with you what happens along the way on my journey to reach a healthy weight.

2 comments:

조안나 said...

Happy you're blogging again!

조안나 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.