Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Thanksgiving Day Jitters

Thanksgiving is just a couple short days away and I am semi-terrified. I know that it would probably be best if I allowed myself to have a taste of some of my favorite foods, but I just don't know if I can or, more accurately, if that's a very good idea. It took me a good 4 days to get myself back on track after eating one slice of German chocolate cake a couple weeks ago and I don't know if I am ready put myself in that position again.

I'm in a mild ketogenic state and I want to keep it going for maximum fat loss! I invested in some Ketostix which measure the amount of Ketones in your urine. In the absence of glucose or sugar, the body obtains the fuel it needs by breaking down body fat. The result of this fat breakdown is that the liver produces fatty acids which produce ketones. So, when using Ketostix, you can tell how efficiently you are burning fat due to your low-carb diet and exercise program. It is important when doing this to also consume large amounts of protein (approximately 1 gram for each pound you weigh) to prevent the body from breaking down muscle tissue for energy. I've lost 21 pounds and 2 dress sizes in 7 weeks using this nutrition plan.



We have one remaining weigh in before the end of the Biggest Loser and I want to do well. Regardless of the outcome I will still have a gym membership for 3 more months, but it would be really nice to win some more free months by placing third. I don't care about winning as much as being healthy and I am willing to put in the work in the gym. The thing is... after March I won't be able to afford it.

I'd say, "I'm crossing my fingers" or "I hope it goes well," but screw that! I'm not just going to sit around and hope/wish that things magically end up the way I want them. I am going to PUT IN THE WORK. If I don't place in the top 3, no big deal. At least no one can say that I didn't try.

1 comment:

Ruby said...

Well, the good thing is that even though after March you won't be able to go to the gym, it will be warming up so you can get outside more and be active that way (although snowshoeing is a pretty good workout!)