Friday, December 5, 2008

Why You're Not Going to Lose Weight



What she says about starvation mode is one of the reasons why I gained 130 pounds in 10 years. My eating disorders messed up my metabolism and made my body think it was only a matter of time before another starvation period would come.

The first week of this new lifestyle has gone well, but I have one major worry. Am I eating enough? The first couple of days I was never hungry, but that hasn't been true of these last few days. My caloric intake seems a little high for a diet at times. Some days I ate closer to 1600 calories. Hopefully cutting out wheat, caffeine, and refined sugars will help will help.

I pretty much know what I should be eating from all those dietitian sessions my mom paid for when I was anorexic/bulimic, but I have not yet come across an article that has been able to explain to me how much I should be eating. I came across one site that asked me for my body fat percentage and then told me I needed to only eat 1,000 calories a day. I wrote that site off immediately because there is no way that a 1,000 cal/day diet would ever work in the long run.

Any suggestions?

No comments: