Wednesday, March 18, 2009

First Gain

This week marked my first gain since embarking on this Weight Watchers journey. On the one hand, I have felt my body catching up to me for the last couple of weeks which is why I have been trying to push myself to exercise, but I never expected to GAIN weight if I didn't make changes. I gained .6. Not a whole pound, but just enough to piss me off. This was the weigh-in after I had just started using eTools and obsessively monitoring my adherence to the good health guidelines. The first couple of days I noticed that I wasn't getting in enough fruits and veggies, so I tried to focus on that a lot this week. It's just too bad it didn't pay off.

I took the news very hard. Usually WW meetings are a fun, social time for me, but this week I quietly sat there in disbelief. I couldn't believe it. Then I started feeling angry... I was so upset that I almost walked out of the building before the meeting started. I really wanted to cry, but I knew that there were others in the room that had bigger upsets in their plans than  a measly 6 tenths of a pound. The woman I always sit next to didn't lose for months, and even gained sometimes, due to her medication for a serious health issue. 

It's been a couple of days since then. How do I feel? Still pretty disappointed. Last week I tried very hard, but not as hard as I could have. This exercise train just hasn't left the station yet.

Goal this week: work out at least twice for 30 minutes or more

2 comments:

์กฐ์•ˆ๋‚˜ said...

But, didn't they tell you to expect this? You can't always loose weight. Besides your body weight probably fluctuates at different times of the day and different times of the month. Relax! You were supposed to have this happen weeks ago. Be thankful that you have lost so much, and let this be more motivation to keep working hard!

Thomas said...

Don't fret, I think you're doing a great job!