Thursday, July 23, 2009

I Pronounce Today to be...Fit Day



Today is one of two days off in a row, so I decided to hit a local gym. I can't afford a gym membership right now, but I hope to be able to get one after I reach lifetime with Weight Watchers and no longer have to pay $40/mo. 

With a day pass you can also go to any of the classes, so I planned to go to pilates in the morning and spinning in the early evening. I was REALLY nervous because I'm not that outgoing when you first meet me and I had never been to a group fitness class before. Luckily, all of my classmates were very nice, helpful, and welcoming. I had worried it would be a bit of a competition, but it wasn't like that at all. The Pilates instructor worked with me on some of the more advanced moves and made some modifications, but for the most part I was able to keep up. Spin class was demanding, but it felt great! I had never even been on a spin bike before, so the instructor went over some basics with me at the beginning and told me that his routine is challenging, but I can always modify it to suit my current physical abilities. To the surprise of everyone in the room and myself, I was right with the pack throughout the entire class. The instructor didn't believe I was a beginner by the end of the class. That felt good even though I've always had very strong legs.

Afterwards my boyfriend surprised me with Thai for dinner :). I got a Thai beef salad. It was delicious! I have no clue how many points it was, but I earned 8 AP (Activity Points) today and had 7 regular points going into dinner. I'll probably have a fudgesicle and call it a night.

What an amazing day. I wish I could afford to go to the gym more often.

No comments: