Monday, August 10, 2009

I'm a bum

I had the entire weekend off and what did I do? Pretty much nothing. If it wasn't for my significant other, I would never have left the couch. I spend so much time running around on my feet at work that perhaps I felt I had to balance things out. In the past couple of days I have slept more than 24 hours and when I was not sleeping I indulged in a West Wing Marathon. The West Wing, by the way, is a witty political drama that will knock your socks off, so if you don't know what to add to your Netflix or Blockbuster queue, give it a try.

I'm wondering about weigh-in. Last week I had a 2 pound loss and I didn't track. I started the day out by tracking, but I never ended it that way. I got lucky. This week I had the same bad habit. I also indulged in some wine, lost count when popping pistachios, and had a giant slice of pizza. Even if the scale shows me I slacked off, I'm not going to get upset about it, but I will be refocusing my energy this week.

I've been very upset about work and am in need of a lifestyle change professionally. It's been getting me down. I will not lie and say I have not been doing some emotional eating because I have. 

No comments: