Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter Dinner :(

This past Monday I weighed in at 168.8 pounds. I only lost 0.6 pounds, but oh well, it was still 0.6 pounds in the right direction.

At the previous meeting, everyone was panicking about the upcoming Easter festivities and so was I. My mother usually makes a fairly large, fatty meal with a side of sugar-infused deserts. All the same, I was looking forward to the meal. I had a feeling she would try a sweet treat from the WW site or cookbook for me and her husband to have, but unfortunately that was not the case. When I got home from my 9 hour day at work it was already past 8 o'clock and I had to get my food out of the secondary fridge on the other side of the house. To my dismay, the ham was already firmly held in place by the cooled animal fat around it, but that wasn't even the worst part. I spotted a chocolate cream pie. When I went back across the house and into the kitchen I asked my mom if it was made with fat-free, sugar-free pudding. Her response was not the nicest. She informed me that we didn't have any and she didn't feel like going to the store to buy some when in fact...she had already gone to the store to buy corn smothered in butter sauce AND we actually did have said pudding in the cabinets on a clearly marked shelf. 

What I learned from this experience is that I cannot rely on other people, but I had hoped that I could rely on my mother to provide me with some healthy alternatives for a holiday meal. Instead, everything was covered in butter, sugar, molasses, and fat. Oh joy. 

She has said before that she can't eat as healthy as I do because she'd lose weight, so I understand that most of the meals she cooks aren't going to be endorsed by Weight Watchers anytime soon, but I really wanted her support with that particular meal. It just wasn't there, but I did fine. I had 4 ounces of ham with the fat scraped off, threw the buttered corn in the garbage when I realized what it was, picked at the pre-buttered squash, and treated myself to giant latte mousse bar. At the end, I was satisfied with myself, but not the meal because it wasn't anything special. 

Sorry, just felt like venting...

No comments: