Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Couch Potato Fever

As of late, I've noticed that I've spent a lot of quality time with the couch when I am not at work because I unfortunately like watching TV. When I was growing up, that's what the adults did when they came home (along with making dinner and smoking cigarettes). It's just relaxing! Now that the average household in America has a DVR or Tivo, it's even easier to watch your favorite shows at your convenience. Some of my favorites are The Biggest Loser, Ruby, Food Network Challenge, Ace of Cakes, So You Think You Can Dance, and American Idol. Many of those shows aren't on right now, but re-runs I haven't seen are. Grrr!

Today I got home from work at 8. I went to bed somewhat on time last night so that I could get up and maybe do some yoga, but no... I also didn't exercise tonight. When I got home from work I was ravenously hungry! I ended up having a WW meal because it was too late to cook. I had the rice and beans with a cup of peas for a total of 8 points. After eating I got sucked into the Food Network for a while, but was finally able to get off of the couch. I did some cleaning/laundry/organizing. I needed to get a bin of clothes ready to sell! I have an appointment on Friday to have this consignment shop look at some of my old clothes. I'm planning on using the money from the sales to buy some new fall and winter clothing. If only they would take the wedding dress I never wore then I'd be able to get new snow tires, too!

It feels awesome to be getting rid of my old clothes. Are you kidding?! Even a few years ago the clothes I'm letting go of were considered my "skinny clothes". All these years I never knew how to eat and just made excuses, mostly blaming a sluggish metabolism, when I could have been a hot mama all along. 

Speaking of metabolism, I'm off to find some support with this whole exercise thing. I'm so sick of not exercising that I might just do it. 


No comments: